Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cascade Haiga

Thanks to all who sent haiga based on pictures I’ve posted here.  I have not intentionally left any out.  Please let me know if I have.

My understanding of haiga: 
When a photograph leads an inquiring mind away from its literal content, and such thoughts become words in the haiku form, the poet is like a hiker leaving a trailhead.  The words do not just describe the picture, but lead the reader along a path, deeper into the woods.





fits like a glove
my new winter jacket
is green
     Kathabela  















this spring
I hope to sprout
a green thumb
     Kathabela 




















Wet tree shivers above
Its chilly head becomes you
     Steven Radice

















our skype call
new snow on the mountains
your loud free voice
     Kathabela  











I fall in love
with winter
my changed perspective
     Kathabela  













deep cobalt blue
in the firs, snow
branches reach skyward
     Susan Rogers 











jet trail
so white so sure
I watch it disappear
     Kathabela 

 





 


Two churches
for every bar
salvation abounds
     Lois P Jones 










 


Cold Toes, meet Warm Water.
Warm Water, meet Cold Toes.
Oh! You know each other?
     Steven Radice 










 

the fixed place
is perennial
yet life
will break again
somewhere else
     Kathabela  (This one is tanka)

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe I've actually come across haiga as expressive as this. Inspiring. Very inspiring.

    I especially liked...

    Cold Toes, meet Warm Water.
    Warm Water, meet Cold Toes.
    Oh! You know each other?
    - Steven Radice

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete